Last Updated: January 22, 2023
Terrell Electric, LLC is a company formed by a US Army veteran who served in destinations and with units where mission security was paramount. It was defined as OpSec and with OpSec having been an essential element of the development of Terrell Electric, LLC, it is clear we know a thing or two about privacy.
Personal Information We Collect
“Personal Information” generally means any information that can reasonably identify you as an individual, and any other information we associate with it. We collect categories of information, from different sources.
1. Profile information and other content you voluntarily provide us, which may include:
- Username and password
- Similar professional contact information if you interact with us in the scope of your employment, for instance, if you request service on a commercial property or if you require invoicing of work to be done under a commercial name. This may include your employer, job title, work address, phone and/or email, and similar such information.
- Any content or contributions you post in a public space on the Sites. This includes comments, videos, and photos that you might submit. If you contact us through a social media site, we may collect your social media identifier.
- Any information you provide in communications with us, such as via social media, e-mail, and/or our customer call center. Transaction history, for instance, if you make a purchase from our online store or subscribe to a service package where payments can be made regularly.
- Payment information, such as when you make a purchase with Terrell Electric, LLC and we need your billing information to process the transaction.
2. Information that is passively collected when you use the Sites, such as by our web servers and by third-party analytics tools we use:
- Our system logs may record certain information about visitors to our Sites, including the web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device and mobile ad identifiers, browser information, interaction with the Sites, pages viewed, app usage, and other such information; we may collect similar information from emails you receive from us that can help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients.
- We may detect the physical location of your device by, for example, using GPS information collected by mobile apps or location information shared by your web browser. We collect this information for the purpose of enhancing or facilitating our services, such as enabling certain functionalities of the Sites that can provide you with information about promotions or relevant product information near you. We may use your device’s physical location to better understand how our Sites and other services and functionality are being used and to provide you with relevant and personalized location-based services and content, including advertising. Should you wish to opt out of the collection of this information, please adjust the settings of your device so that information about your physical location is not sent to us or third parties by (a) disabling location services within the device settings, or (b) denying certain websites or mobile applications permission to access location information by changing the relevant preferences and permissions in your mobile device or browser settings. Please note that your location may be derived from your Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and other device settings. Please consult your device settings for further information.
3. We may receive information from third parties such as advertising and marketing partners, public databases, and social media platforms, to supplement the information we receive from our consumers. If we do so, this policy governs how we can use that information.
How We May Use Personal Information
We may use Personal Information as permitted by law, for the following business purposes:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests
- to communicate with you about and process orders, purchases, returns, services, donations, promotions, campaigns, programs, contests, sweepstakes, rewards, and accounts
- to inform you about our brands, products, promotions, events, or other promotional purposes
- to re-contact you if we have not heard from you in a while
- to send you advertising/promotional material from any of our affiliates, and on behalf of our promotional and strategic partners
- to improve your experience with our products and services, such as by personalizing your experience with us
- to allow you to participate in polls, sweepstakes, promotions, contests, and other promotions and to administer these activities
- to deliver gift cards or gifts to others in accordance with your instructions
- to permit you to participate in social sharing, including live social media feeds
- to perform analytics, quality control, market research, and determine the effectiveness of our websites, mobile applications, promotional campaigns, and develop new products and services
We may also use Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate for certain essential purposes, including:
- to comply with applicable law and legal process
- to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence
- to detect, prevent, or investigate potential security incidents or fraud
- to facilitate the functionality of our mobile applications and websites
- to provide important product safety information and notice of product recalls
- to enforce our terms and conditions
- to protect our operations or those of our affiliates
- to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, security, and/or that of our affiliates, yourself, and/or others
- to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain
How Personal Information May Be Disclosed
1. To the extent permitted by law, all your Personal Information may be disclosed with the following categories of third parties:
- to our third-party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, credit card processing, auditing services, and other business services, to enable them to provide services
- to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings)
- in connection with the essential purposes described above (e.g., to comply with legal obligations)
2. To the extent permitted by law, your name and contact information (and other information you make public) may be disclosed with the following categories of third parties:
- to third-party strategic partners with whom we may enter into a special relationship for promotional activities, where permitted by law
- to our suppliers and delivery partners, if you interact with Terrell Electric, LLC in a business context and sharing your information is necessary in connection with a corporate order or related inquiry
3. To the extent permitted by law, information that is passively collected when you use the Sites may be disclosed with the following categories of third parties:
- our online and email advertisers or other third-party vendors we use who may provide cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs, or other similar technologies for use on our Sites or other websites to manage and improve our online and email advertising campaigns.
Our disclosure of your personal information to third-party advertising and analytics providers may constitute a sale under certain state laws and, in California, may also constitute “sharing” (which is a term used to address the sharing of information for advertising purposes). To the extent that our use constitutes a sale or sharing of your personal information, you have the right to opt-out by (a) enabling an opt-out preference signal or Global Privacy Control (GPC) on your browser which is recognized by our websites (see next section for more information on GPC), or (b) opting-out of cookies in our websites’ cookie preference center and submitting an opt-out request at Data Subject Request Form .
DO NOT TRACK AND GLOBAL PRIVACY CONTROL
Global Privacy Control (GPC) is a setting you can enable in your web browser to communicate your privacy preference for not having certain information about your webpage visits collected across websites. For all the details, including how to turn on GPC, visit Global Privacy Control.
As provided below, we will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties if we have received and processed a request from you not to do so. To submit such a request, please contact us by clicking here: Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information.
THIRD-PARTY SITES AND INTEGRATIONS
Our Sites may integrate third-party video streaming services offered by certain partners, where indicated, such as YouTube, Vimeo, Daily Motion, and CNBC. Please be aware that we do not control the content or privacy practices of such streaming services and you should be aware that such third-party functionality may be subject to the privacy statements of such parties.
We use standard physical, technical, and administrative measures designed to reduce the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification of your Personal Information. Unfortunately, no system or network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below (note that physical mail notification will delay the time it takes for us to respond to the problem).
YOUR CHOICES AND ACCESS RIGHTS
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information
- You can opt out of receiving promotional emails and mailings by informing us of your preferences when you sign up for a Terrell Electric, LLC account or by modifying your promotional preferences online in your profile’s account management section. To stop receiving phone, mail, SMS, and/or email marketing communications from us, you may text “STOP” to a text message from us or click “unsubscribe” at the bottom of an email from us. In addition, you may let us know as directed below in the “Contacting Us” section. Please specify which types of communications you no longer wish to receive, and the relevant telephone number, address, and/or e-mail address. If you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, such as emails about your accounts or purchases.
- We will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties if we have received and processed a request from you not to do so. To submit such a request, please contact us by clicking here: Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information.
How you can access, correct, or delete your Personal Information
- You may request a copy of the following:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling (if applicable) the Personal Information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information and the categories of Personal Information shared; and
- The specific pieces of your Personal Information we have collected, used or disclosed (if applicable).
- You have the right to correct inaccurate personal information about yourself. Note that correction requests are subject to certain limitations, and we may choose to delete rather than correct your personal information in some circumstances.
- You may request that we delete your Personal Information. Note that deletion requests are subject to certain limitations, for example, we may retain Personal Information as permitted by law, such as for tax or other record-keeping purposes, to maintain an active account, and to process transactions and facilitate customer requests.
- You may request a copy of the following:
You have the right not to be discriminated against in services or pricing if you exercise your privacy rights, and we will love you just as much if you do exercise them. To request a copy of the Personal Information we have collected about you, or to request that your information be deleted, please Make a Request as instructed at the bottom of this page, or by clicking here. You will need to provide your name, email address, and country/state of residence. You may authorize another person (your “agent”) to submit a request on your behalf. Upon submission of your request, we will contact you (via the email address or mobile number provided in your request) with instructions on how to verify the request, after which we will check our records for matching information and aim to complete requests as soon as reasonably practicable and consistent with any applicable laws. Please note that it may take additional time to verify and fulfill agent-submitted requests. If you have an account with us, you may also make certain changes directly through your account profile page. Please note that changes you make on your account profile page through one of our Sites may not always be reflected on other Sites operated by us.
Residents of Colorado, Connecticut and Virginia can appeal a decision with regard to their consumer privacy requests by contacting us by email at Terrell Electric Privacy.
Shine the Light
California law permits customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us as set out in the “Contacting Us” section below.
Notice of Financial Incentive
We may offer discounts or other benefits to consumers enrolled in certain rewards or promotional programs, including, but not limited to:
- Consumers can opt-in to email promotions from Terrell Electric, LLC by submitting their email address through the Site. Additional terms and conditions are posted there.
- Consumers can snap and upload Terrell Electric codes to access rewards, sweepstakes, and other experiences. Consumers who are logged into their terrellelectric.com account while participating in an event, reward, sweepstakes, and/or other experiences may save and redeem such rewards. Additional information is available at Terrell Electric FAQs.
- Consumers can create a Terrell Electric, LLC account and receive 10% off their first service call.
- Consumers can register for an account and get free or discounted services. Additional terms may apply and are posted on the app.
- Consumers can participate in Terrell Electric’s social promotions, contests, or sweepstakes for a chance to receive the benefits described in each such promotion.
Terrell Electric, LLC does not generally assign monetary or other value to consumers’ Personal Information, and our promotions activity changes continually. To the extent California law requires that a value be assigned to such programs or the price or service differences they involve, Terrell Electric, LLC values the Personal Information collected and used under each program as being equal to the value of the discounts or other financial incentives provided in each such program, based upon a practical and good-faith effort to assess on an aggregate basis for all collected information:
- the type of Personal Information collected in each program (e.g., email address),
- the use of such information by Terrell Electric, LLC in connection with its marketing activities,
- the range of discounts provided (which can depend on each consumer’s purchases under such offers),
- the number of individuals enrolled in respective programs, and
- the products for which the benefits (such as price difference) can apply.
Sensitive Personal Information
When we collect precise geolocation information for purposes of performing a Service you have requested, we are deemed to be collecting data that is “sensitive” under California law. Our use of this data for performing a Service you have requested is consistent with the permitted business purposes in California Civil Code § 1798.100 et seq. and implementing regulations.
While we have disclosed Personal Information to third parties, we have no actual knowledge that we have sold or shared such information of anyone under 16 years old.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information on the Site from anyone under the age of 13 or allow minors under the age of 13 to disclose their Personal Information to us through the Sites. The Sites are directed to individuals who are permitted to share their Personal Information without parental consent. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us as directed below in the “Contacting Us” section. You may mark your inquiry “COPPA Information Request.” Parents can learn more about how to protect children’s privacy online here.
We may query a user’s age before granting access to certain portions of our Sites, and the results may be retained and reflected across our other Sites for a period of time. We may ask for additional consent during the account sign-up process from minors who are 13 to 15 years old under relevant and applicable laws if Personal Information may be shared outside of Terrell Electric and its affiliates and service providers.
If you are under the age of 18 and a registered user of the Sites, you may ask us to remove content or information that you have posted to the Sites by contacting us as directed below in the “Contacting Us” section. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information, for example, another user of the Sites may have reposted your public content somewhere else on the Sites or on another website.
1. You may email us at contact us
2. You may call us at Customer Service Privacy Line
Please note that email communications are not always secure, so please do not include credit card information or other sensitive information in any emails to us.